EdgeTier are looking for senior Python software developers to help us build next generation customer support systems. This is a unique opportunity to be amongst the first hires in a growing company and be part of a highly skilled team who are changing the nature of customer support.
EdgeTier are an analytics and software company based in Dublin. We build software that helps customer support teams be more productive and efficient. These products and services are built using the latest techniques of machine learning, AI, automation, NLP and software development.
As a senior developer, you will be involved in all architectural design decisions and input heavily into the technical strategy of the company. You will be involved in developing all aspects of our products from writing database queries and developing the REST API to serve the application’s frontend, to working with neural networks and other machine learning models. Machine learning experience is not mandatory, but candidates with an interest or relevant experience may be involved in preparing data and building/improving these models.
While working at EdgeTier you will continuously be exposed to new technologies and will deploy them in real-world environments. As a senior member of the technical team, you will be consistently evaluating and recommending new technologies that will form part of our products.
- Software development on next generation customer support systems.
- Leading product design, architecture and development decisions.
- Involvement in all aspects of product development including coding, testing, deployment, and maintenance.
- Work directly with the management team to input into technical strategy, software tooling etc.
- Define and ensure compliance to standards for high-quality software development (e.g. code reuse, testing, code reviews, documentation etc.).
- Work directly on live products as used by our current and future customers.
- Explore and recommend new technologies that can be used in EdgeTier to improve our products.
- Above anything listed below, we are looking for candidates that are able to rapidly learn and apply new technologies.
- 5+ years of Python development experience.
- Knowledge Python web frameworks such as Flask, Tornado, or similar.
- Experience with SQL and ORMs.
- Proficient with Git.
- Experience writing tests using pytest, unittest etc.
- Experience leading teams of software developers that employ best-practice development methodologies.
- Proven experience in deploying production systems.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services or similar
- Experience in leading teams in an Agile / Kanban development environment.
- (Optional) Machine learning experience particularly text mining and classification methods such as Neural Networks, Random Forests etc.
- (Optional) Familiarity with Natural Language Processing (NLP) techniques
- (Optional) Experience with frontend development.
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV to email@example.com.