Senior Python Developer, Dublin Office
EdgeTier are looking for senior Python software developers to help us build next generation customer support systems. This is a unique opportunity to have a huge impact in a growing company and be part of a highly skilled team who are changing the nature of customer support.
At EdgeTier, we build software that helps customer support teams be more productive and efficient. These products are built using the latest software development frameworks and methodologies.
While working at EdgeTier you will continuously be exposed to new technologies and will deploy them in real-world environments. As a senior member of the technical team, you will be consistently evaluating and recommending new technologies that will form part of our products.
As a senior developer, you will be involved in all architectural design decisions and input heavily into the technical strategy of the company. You will be involved in developing all aspects of our products from designing and developing the APIs and logic to serve the application’s frontend, right down to querying and designing databases. At EdgeTier, we use machine learning / AI extensively, and while experience in this area is not necessary, you will be exposed to state-of-the-art AI techniques.
This role is for EdgeTier's Dublin office, and candidates must be able to work from the Dublin city centre office.
- Software development on next generation customer support systems.
- Leading product design, architecture and development decisions.
- Involvement in all aspects of product development including coding, testing, deployment, and maintenance.
- Work directly with the management team to input into technical strategy, software tooling etc.
- Define and ensure compliance to standards for high-quality software development (e.g. code reuse, testing, code reviews, documentation etc.).
- Work directly on live products as used by our current and future customers.
- Explore and recommend new technologies that can be used in EdgeTier to improve our products.
- Above anything listed below, we are looking for candidates that are able to rapidly learn and apply new technologies.
- 5+ years of Python development experience.
- Knowledge of Python web frameworks such as Flask, Tornado, or similar.
- Experience in designing / architecting software systems
- Experience with SQL and ORMs.
- Proficient with Git.
- Experience writing tests using pytest, unittest etc.
- Experience leading teams of software developers that employ best-practice development methodologies.
- Proven experience in deploying production systems.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services or similar
- Experience in leading teams in an Agile / Kanban development environment.
- (Optional) Experience with frontend development.
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV to email@example.com.