Senior Python Software Engineer
Build the systems that seamlessly blend artificial and human intelligence.
Help make AI in customer care more human.
At EdgeTier, we build software that supercharges customer care teams by seamlessly blending AI, automation, and people. Our customers are ambitious organisations that deliver high-quality personalised customer service at scale. EdgeTier’s software works intelligently to ensure that customer care staff can deliver personalised and contextual interactions each time a customer connects with them.
The opportunity we are working on is huge, and we believe that in 10 years time there won’t be a customer care organisation in the world that isn’t using machine learning and intelligent software at its core. We are very much at the start of our journey and have a huge opportunity to seize. We hope that you can help us get there.
Companies such as CarTrawler, Glovo, Electric Ireland, and Superbet trust EdgeTier to process millions of customer interactions annually. Our investors include Episode1 ventures, ACT ventures, and Enterprise Ireland.
Culture at EdgeTier
We take on the challenging work up front, take pride in the quality of our systems, and build impactful and reliable product. Your designs and code will process millions of customer interactions hours after testing.
You’ll be a good fit on the EdgeTier team if you don’t take yourself too seriously, enjoy being challenged at work, enjoy learning new techniques and technologies, and know how to have fun with your colleagues.
We know that the first 20 team members will have a disproportionate impact on our ultimate success as a company, so, as founders, we focus on ensuring that there’s a great fit, and long-term, everyone will win together.
For all employees, we have a generous 23 days of annual leave, an annual learning budget, regular events together, dedicated and regular coaching sessions, and a generous employee share option (equity) scheme.
About This Role
At EdgeTier, we are first and foremost technology enthusiasts. We use the latest methodologies and tooling to build world-class software. In this role, you’ll work on a critical component of EdgeTier’s software – our Python backend. You will build and iterate on functionality to create impactful features for our user base. You will be involved in developing all aspects of the application from writing database queries to developing APIs and services to serve the application’s frontend.
At EdgeTier, Python has been a core technology for the team since our founding. We make extensive use of the Flask framework hosted on Amazon to server millions of daily requests from customer service centres. There’s a host of Python experience on the team, and we are constantly looking for people who can add to that.
While working at EdgeTier you will continuously be exposed to new technologies and will deploy them in real-world environments. As a member of the technical team, you will be consistently evaluating and recommending new technologies that will form part of our products.
We are seeking senior Python developers to join our team. In this role you will:
- Work on a wide range of features and functionality for EdgeTier’s core product offering
- Develop, design, and maintain functionality across EdgeTier’s backend systems including the APIs, core functionality and databases
- Input into product architecture and product functionality
- Work with frontend developers in designing out APIs
- Work closely with the remainder of the engineering team to ensure that EdgeTier’s product delivers best-in-class functionality
- Work directly with the senior management team and help to develop EdgeTier’s technical strategy.
You would be a fit for this role if you:
- Like solving important problems in a crucial part of EdgeTier’s product
- Are adaptable to work on new problems using new technologies
- Thrive in a collaborative environment involving a range of subject matter experts
- Have 4+ years of Python development experience
- Have knowledge of Python web frameworks such as Flask, Tornado, Django, or similar.
- Have experience in using ORMs and accessing databases from Python
- Are proficient with Git
- Experience writing unit tests using pytest, unittest etc.
- Have experience in software architecture and design
It would be useful, but not essential, if you:
- Have worked in senior positions at software development teams
- Are familiar with agile software development methodologies