Senior Backend Software Engineer
Build the systems that seamlessly blend artificial and human intelligence.
Help make AI in customer care more human.
At EdgeTier, we build software that supercharges customer care teams by seamlessly blending AI, automation and people. Our customers are ambitious organisations that want to deliver high-quality personalised customer service at scale. EdgeTier’s software works intelligently to ensure that customer care staff can deliver personalised and contextual interactions each time a customer connects with them.
The opportunity is huge, and we believe that in 10 years time there won’t be a customer care organisation in the world that isn’t using machine learning and intelligent software at its core. We are very much at the start of our journey and have a huge opportunity to seize. We hope that you can help us get there.
About This Role
At EdgeTier, we are first and foremost technology enthusiasts. We use the latest methodologies and tooling to build world-class software. In this role, you’ll work on a critical component of EdgeTier’s software, rapidly iterating on functionality to create impactful features for our user base. You will be involved in developing all aspects of the application from writing database queries to developing the REST API to serve the application’s frontend.
While working at EdgeTier you will continuously be exposed to new technologies and will deploy them in real-world environments. As a member of the technical team, you will be consistently evaluating and recommending new technologies that will form part of our products.
We are seeking senior Python developers to join our team. In this role you will:
- Work on a wide range of features and functionality for EdgeTier’s core product offering
- Develop, design, and maintain functionality across EdgeTier’s backend systems including the APIs, core functionality and databases
- Input into product architecture and product functionality
- Work with frontend developers in designing out APIs
- Work closely with the remainder of the engineering team to ensure that EdgeTier’s product delivers best-in-class functionality
- Work directly with the senior management team and help to develop EdgeTier’s technical strategy.
You would be a fit for this role if you:
- Like solving important problems in a crucial part of EdgeTier’s product
- Are adaptable to work on new problems using new technologies
- Thrive in a collaborative environment involving a range of subject matter experts
- Have 5+ years of Python development experience
- Have knowledge of Python web frameworks such as Flask, Tornado, or similar.
- Have experience in using ORMs and accessing databases from Python
- Are proficient with Git
- Experience writing tests using pytest, unittest etc.
- Have experience in software architecture and design
It would be useful, but not essential, if you:
- Have lead software development teams
- Are familiar with agile software development methodologies