Python Developer, Dublin Office
EdgeTier are looking for Python software developers to help us build next generation customer support systems. This is a unique opportunity to have a huge impact in a growing company and be part of a highly skilled team who are changing the nature of customer support.
At EdgeTier, we build software that helps customer support teams be more productive and efficient. These products are built using the latest software development frameworks and methodologies.
You will be involved in developing all aspects of the application from writing database queries to developing the REST API to serve the application’s frontend, to working with neural networks and other machine learning models. At EdgeTier, we use machine learning and AI extensively, and while experience in this area is not necessary, you will be exposed to state-of-the-art AI techniques.
While working at EdgeTier you will continuously be exposed to new technologies and will deploy them in real-world environments. This is a unique opportunity to be amongst the first hires in a growing company and be part of a highly skilled team who are changing the nature of customer support.
This role is for EdgeTier's Dublin office, and candidates must be able to work from the Dublin city centre office.
- Software development on next generation customer support systems.
- Involvement in all aspects of product development including coding, testing, deployment, and maintenance.
- Input into product architecture and product functionality.
- Adhere to and set standards for high-quality software development (e.g. code reuse, testing, code reviews, documentation etc.).
- Work directly on live products as used by our current and future customers.
- Explore and recommend new technologies that can be used in EdgeTier to improve our products.
- Above anything listed below, we are looking for candidates that are able to rapidly learn and apply new technologies.
- 2+ years of Python development experience.
- Knowledge of a Python web framework such as Flask, Tornado, or similar.
- Understanding of object oriented programming and design patterns.
- Good understanding of SQL and ORMs.
- Proficient with Git.
- Experience writing tests using pytest, unittest etc.
- (Optional) Experience with frontend development.
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.