NLP Data Engineer
Work on the natural language engines that drive the decisions behind EdgeTier’s technology
Help make AI in customer care more human.
At EdgeTier, we build software that supercharges customer care teams by seamlessly blending AI, automation and people. Our customers are ambitious organisations that want to deliver high-quality personalised customer service at scale. EdgeTier’s software works intelligently to ensure that customer care staff can deliver personalised and contextual interactions each time a customer connects with them.
The opportunity is huge, and we believe that in 10 years time there won’t be a customer care organisation in the world that isn’t using machine learning and intelligent software at its core. We are very much at the start of our journey and have a huge opportunity to seize. We hope that you can help us get there.
About This Role
At EdgeTier, we are passionate about data, and the use of data to achieve new levels of performance for our clients. Our AI engine is based on an customised set of machine learning models that achieve state-of-the-art levels of accuracy for text classification on real work data.
The field of Natural Language Processing is advancing quickly and, at EdgeTier, we strive to use the newest developments in neural architectures, training libraries, and deployment techniques to ensure our systems are as effective and efficient as possible for AI deployments.
In this role, you’ll work on the AI engine behind EdgeTier’s Arthur system. You’ll be directly involved in all aspects of model training, development, deployment, and ongoing-management of client-specific neural network models for language processing. You’ll be exposed to the latest NLP modelling techniques including transfer learning, word embeddings, neural networks, and up to date algorithms and Python libraries including Tensorflow, PyTorch, and Keras.
As a member of the technical team, you will be consistently evaluating and recommending new technologies that will form part of our products.
We are seeking NLP Engineers to join our team. In this role you will:
- Focus on the development of the EdgeTier AI model for our core product offering
- Train, test, and deploy client-specific AI models for EdgeTier clients
- Develop, implement, and test new technologies to improve our modelling infrastructure and approach
- Evaluate, improve and maintain NLP models that are in production environments.
- Be fully involved with other backend engineers to deploy and integrate new ML models to the EdgeTer system and expand the use of AI across our applications
- Work closely with the remainder of the engineering team to ensure that EdgeTier’s product delivers best-in-class functionality
You would be a fit for this role if you:
- Have a keen interest in natural language processing research
- Have 3+ years of Python experience
- Have knowledge of NLP modelling techniques, with a firm grasp of the mechanics of modelling methods
- Have had exposure and practice with neural network modelling approaches.
- Have machine learning experience in developing and evaluating classification models
- Are adaptable to work on new problems using new technologies
- Thrive in a collaborative environment involving a range of subject matter experts
- Are proficient with Git
It would be useful, but not essential, if you:
- Have a research background in Natural Language Processing
- Have been involved in deployment and infrastructure development for machine learning models
- Have experience in using ORMs / SQL and accessing databases from Python
- Have experience in agile software development methodologies