Python Software Engineer
Build the interfaces that seamlessly blend artificial and human intelligence.
Help make AI in customer care more human.
At EdgeTier, we build software that supercharges customer care teams by seamlessly blending AI, automation, and people. Our customers are ambitious organisations that deliver high-quality personalised customer service at scale. EdgeTier’s software works intelligently to ensure that customer care staff can deliver personalised and contextual interactions each time a customer connects with them.
The opportunity we are working on is huge, and we believe that in 10 years time there won’t be a customer care organisation in the world that isn’t using machine learning and intelligent software at its core. We are very much at the start of our journey and have a huge opportunity to seize. We hope that you can help us get there.
Companies such as CarTrawler, Glovo, Electric Ireland, and Superbet trust EdgeTier to process millions of customer interactions annually. Our investors include Episode1 ventures, ACT ventures, and Enterprise Ireland.
Culture at EdgeTier
EdgeTier is a young, fast-moving company, operating in an exciting space. We love the work that we do, we’re enthusiastic about the opportunity ahead of us, and we like to have fun working on our products. There’ll be opportunities for deep solo work in the thick of the detail, and team-based collaboration across department to design and deliver performant systems.
We take on the challenging work up front, take pride in the quality of our systems, and build impactful and reliable product. Your designs and code will process millions of customer interactions hours after testing.
You’ll be a good fit on the EdgeTier team if you don’t take yourself too seriously, enjoy being challenged at work, enjoy learning new techniques and technologies, and know how to have fun with your colleagues.
We know that the first 20 team members will have a disproportionate impact on our ultimate success as a company, so, as founders, we focus on ensuring that there’s a great fit, and long-term, everyone will win together.
For all employees, we have a generous 23 days of annual leave, an annual learning budget, regular events together, dedicated and regular coaching sessions, and a generous employee share option (equity) scheme.
At EdgeTier, we are first and foremost technology enthusiasts. We use the latest methodologies and tooling to build world-class software. In this role, you’ll work on a critical component of EdgeTier’s software, rapidly iterating on functionality to create impactful features for our user base. You will be involved in developing all aspects of the application from writing database queries to developing the REST API to serve the application’s frontend.
While working at EdgeTier you will continuously be exposed to new technologies and will deploy them in real-world environments. As a member of the technical team, you will be consistently evaluating and recommending new technologies that will form part of our products.
We are seeking Python developers to join our team. In this role you will:
- Work on a wide range of features and functionality for EdgeTier’s core product offering
- Develop, design, and maintain functionality across EdgeTier’s backend systems including the APIs, core functionality and databases
- Input into product architecture and product functionality
- Work with frontend developers in designing out APIs
- Work closely with the remainder of the engineering team to ensure that EdgeTier’s product delivers best-in-class functionality
You would be a fit for this role if you:
- Like solving important problems in a crucial part of EdgeTier’s product
- Are adaptable to work on new problems using new technologies
- Thrive in a collaborative environment involving a range of subject matter experts
- Have 2+ years of Python development experience
- Have knowledge of a Python web framework such as Flask, Tornado, or similar.
- Are proficient with Git
- Experience writing tests using pytest, unittest etc.
It would be useful, but not essential, if you:
- Have experience in using ORMs / SQL and accessing databases from Python
- Have experience in agile software development methodologies